American women fared no better in the Dictionary of American Biography (DAB); in the original set and its first two supplements, there are 706 biographies of women and 14,164 of men--again, women are just over four percent of the total (Garraty, 1988).
What does DAB stand for?
DAB stands for Dictionary of American Biography
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of DAB
We have 136 other meanings of DAB in our Acronym Attic
- Departmental Appeals Board
- Derbyshire Association for the Blind
- Destroyer Advisory Board (US Navy)
- Deutsches Apothekerbuch
- Deutsches Arzneibuch (medicine)
- Development Advisory Board
- Development Appeal Board (Canada)
- Diaminobenzidinetetrahydrochloride (peroxidase substrate)
- Dienstabschlussbier (German)
- Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Dipole Adapted Basis
- Director of Army Budget
- Director's Advisory Board (various organizations)
- Directory Address Buffer
- Direkt Anlage Bank, Germany
- Disabilities Advisory Board (West Hollywood, CA)
- Disambiguation (Wikimedia Foundation editing policy)
- Discoveries and Believers (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As The Dictionary of American Biography puts it: The Herald in its second issue "printed the first money market report, and three days later ran a table of sales on the New York Stock Exchange.
During his 30 years with the Post, he wrote or edited more than 10,000 editorials, wrote 100 essays for the Dictionary of American Biography, authored eight books, and edited collections of the papers of Judge Learned Hand and the opinions of U.