Quercetin actively participates in intracellular signaling, inhibiting phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, protein kinase C, xanthine oxidase and NADPH diaphorase (Gschwendt et al.
What does DIA stand for?
DIA stands for Diaphorase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DIA
We have 187 other meanings of DIA in our Acronym Attic
- Descent Into Avernus (gaming; Dungeons and Dragons)
- Design Institute of America
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Deutsche Immobilien-Akademie
- Deutsche Informatik-Akademie GmbH (Bonn, Germany)
- Deutsches Institut für Altersvorsorge
- Development in Action (UK)
- Development Interface Agreement (supplier document)
- Diamond Institute of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
RH1's activity is enhanced by an enzyme, DT diaphorase, which often is found in cancers of the lungs, liver, and breasts.
Protein extracts of seeds incubated just one day showed small differences in activities of the enzymes diaphorase (EC 1.
2DG, hexoki-nase, G6PDH (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase), diaphorase, rezazurine, ATP, [NADP.
[18,19] Scherer-Singler et al described the enzymatic reduction of nitroblue tetrazolium to an intensely blue, water-insoluble salt by nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (reduced form, NADPH) diaphorase in a population of neurons.
Subsequently, diaphorase catalyzes the reduction of resazurin to the fluorescent compound resorufin.