Once infused, however, the dextrose can be rapidly metabolized and dextrose 5% in water (D5W) and dextrose 3.
What does D5W stand for?
D5W stands for Dextrose 5% in Water
This definition appears frequently
- Design for Sustainability
- Dressed Four Sides (lumber; same as S4S)
- Didehydrodeoxythymidine (antiviral drug)
- Stavudine (aka Zerit; HIV treatment drug)
- Dreams for the Dying (Australian rock group)
- Downloader for X (software)
- 5% Dextrose Solution
- Diesel Engine, 5 Cylinders (Volvo)
- Trident II Missile
- DeoxIT D5 Spray (electronics cleaning product)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dextrose 5% in water, on the other hand, is iso-osmolar but hypotonic and distributes throughout total body fluid, rather than confining itself to the extracellular fluid compartment.