I feel like I did my ode to the tragic mulatto gal with Devil in a Blue Dress.
What does DIBD stand for?
DIBD stands for Devil In a Blue Dress (movie/novel)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DIBD
We have 2 other meanings of DIBD in our Acronym Attic
- DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) Internet Bulletin Board System (US DoD)
- DSCC Internet Bid Board System
- Davis International Banking Consultants (London, England, UK)
- Denver International Business Center (Denver, CO)
- Detroit International Bridge Company (Michigan)
- Developmental Inventory of Black Consciousness
- Dorchester International Brotherhood Camporee (Canada)
- Drug Infusion Balloon Catheter
- Danish Industry International Business Development (trade association; various locations)
- Development International Birth Date (drugs; Development Safety Update Report)
- Dress in Blue Day (colon cancer awareness)
- Dual Independent Belt Drive (Macron)
- Digital International Boundary Database Working Group
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria Biofisica ed Elettronica (Italian: Biophysical and Electronic Engineering Department; University of Genova)
- Digital Broadcasting Experts Group (industry standard)
- Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy
- Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills
- Daegu International Bodypainting Festival (South Korea)
- Deaf International Basketball Federation
- Depth-Independent Buildup Factor (method)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Devil in a Blue Dress (1990), A Red Dress (1991), White Butterfly (1992), Black Betty (1994), and A Little Yellow Dog (1996).
Let me start by comparing two opening scenes, the first from Raymond Chandler's Farewell, My Lovely (1942) and the second from Walter Mosley's Devil in a Blue Dress (1990).