Produced by Scholastic Media and using Qualcomm Vuforia(TM) technology, which enables apps to see and connect digital experiences to physical products, the Book Fairs app reveals valuable information about each book, including reading levels (Accelerated Reader, Developmental Reading Assessment, Guided Reading and Lexile levels), 'Reading Counts' quizzes for individual titles, and the appropriate age range for the book to help guide parents and kids through the Fair.
What does DRA stand for?
DRA stands for Developmental Reading Assessment (educational test)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DRA
We have 203 other meanings of DRA in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Regulatory Affairs (Colorado)
- Deployment Requirements Assessment
- Deployment/Deactivation Requirements Analysis
- Depot Repair Action(s)
- Deputy Regional Administrator
- Design Review Agency
- Design Review Agreement
- Design Risk Assessment (business methodology)
- Designated Repair Activity
- Détachement de Reconnaissance d'Armée (French: Army Recognition Detachment)
- Diameter Routing Agent
- Dielectric Resonator Antenna
- Digit-Recurrence Algorithm
- Digital Recorded Announcement
- Dining Room Assistant
- Direction de La Recherche Appliquée (French)
- Directives Régionales d'Aménagement (French: Regional Planning Guidelines)
- Director of Royal Artillery (UK and Australia)
- Directory and Resource Administrator
- Directory Replication Agent
Samples in periodicals archive:
Results showed a significant difference in students' awareness of comprehension strategies and comprehension of text as measured by the Index of Reading Awareness and the Beaver Developmental Reading Assessment before and after the intervention.
Knowing that our instruction needed to be driven by assessment, as emphasized throughout all of the coursework in my Master's program, Lois and I shared the task of administrating the San Diego Quick (SDQ) assessment (Ekwall & Shanker, 2001) and the Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) (Beaver, 1998) to help establish students' reading levels.
One recent independent Texas study showed the mean scores of first graders taking the Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) increased by more than 284 percent in a nine-month period when these children used Learning Resources English Reading Rods as a supplemental program to their standard reading curricula.
An independent study in Texas showed the mean scores of first graders taking the Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) increased by more than 284 percent in a nine-month period when these children used English language Reading Rods as a supplemental program to their standard reading curricula.
According to the Developmental Reading Assessment, the number of students at or above grade-level in the 2nd and 3rd grades rose from 67% to 83%.