let's take it over to the nearby destroyer tender and dry the paper money in the ship's laundry dryer.
What does AD stand for?
AD stands for Destroyer Tender (US Navy ship designation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AD
We have 84 other meanings of AD in our Acronym Attic
- Autosomal Dominant (genetics; dominant gene on one of the 23 pairs of autosomes)
- Auxiliary Destroyer Tender
- Auxiliary Drain
- Average Deviation
- Aviation Division
- Aviation Machinist Mate (US Navy rating)
- Awaiting Disconnection
- Awdal (postal region, Somalia)
- Azumanga Daioh (anime)
- Azure Dreams (role-playing game)
- Partia Aleanca Demokratike (Party of the Democratic Alliance, Albania, aka: PADSh)
- Priority Add-On (US DoD)
- Right Ear
- Ad Duas Vices (Latin: In Two Doses)
- BT telephone system in Equipment Room
- Ad Defectionem Animi (to the point of fainting; Latin: in consequence of a defect of the mind)
- Ad Deliquium (to the point of fainting; Latin: in consequence of a defect)
- Active Directory Domain Services (windows programming)
- Advocates in Defense of Expression in the Media (Canada)
- Ad Libitur (Latin: As Desired)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After graduating from WITI, John served in the United States Navy on the destroyer tender the U.
1968 A large crowd greeted the visiting destroyer tender USS Frontier (AD 25) when she arrived in Hilo, Hawaii, For a two-day recreational visit.