Desktop virtualization represents the most disruptive change in the economics of IT since the PC.
What does DV stand for?
DV stands for Desktop Virtualization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DV
We have 20 other meanings of DV in our Acronym Attic
- Demand Valve
- Dengue Virus
- Deo Volente (Latin: God Willing)
- Dependent Variable
- Depreciated Value
- Descent Vehicle
- Design Validation
- Design Variable
- Design Verification
- Designated Verification (cryptography)
- DESQview Script (file name extension)
- Deus Volent (Latin; God Willing)
- Deus Vult (Latin: God Wills It)
- Developed Vetting
- Developer (copier component)
- Devota Virgo (Latin: Devout Virgin, epigraphy)
- Devotus Vir (Latin: Devout Man, epigraphy)
- DeVry Inc. (stock symbol)
- Dick Vitale (sports personality)
- Differential Velocity
Samples in periodicals archive:
com (Staff) Server virtualization is well on its way in corporate data centers and desktop virtualization is following fast behind.
Desktop virtualization is a game changing technology that can reduce IT operational costs while increasing efficiency and agility in desktop management, said Info-Tech Research Group.
The acquired company's website supplies editorial and articles on topics such as server-based computing, VDI, application streaming, Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and other subjects relevant to the application and desktop virtualization industry.
Desktop virtualization usually involves integration of more than one platform into one coherent desktop interface, whether that is simply through a flock of remote desktops open all at once or a more sophisticated solution seamlessly blending applications from multiple OSes.