Monami Maulik, director of Desis Rising Up and Moving (DRUM), which has fought on behalf of South Asians in INS detention since 2000, says she assumes that their Jail Hotline is tapped since the government monitors contact between detainees and advocates.
What does DRUM stand for?
DRUM stands for Desis Rising Up and Moving (Jackson Heights, NY)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DRUM
We have 11 other meanings of DRUM in our Acronym Attic
- Destroy Rebuild until God Shows (band)
- Don't Risk Using, Get Smart (abuse program)
- Drug Regimen Unassisted Grading Scale
- Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Danish Research Unit for Industrial Dynamics
- Demonstrational Rapid User Interface Development
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs, Alcohol and Medicines (EU research; Bergisch, Germany)
- Distal Radioulnar Joint
- Distal Radio-Ulnar Ligaments
- Delaware Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Digital Repository at the University of Maryland (library catalog; College Park, MD)
- Discipline, Respect and Unity through Music
- Dodge Revolutionary Union Movement
- Doesn't Really Understand Music (humor)
- Targets Dwelling
- Defeasible Reasoning and Uncertainty Management Systems (book)
- Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service (military property disposal; various locations; US DoD)
- Detailed Revision/Update of Message Standards Working Group (Internet Engineering Task Force)
- Digital Rights Uniform Metadata Service
- Dynamically Responding Ultrasonic Matrix System (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
RELATED ARTICLE: An Update on Detention Organizing Various mobilizations have dealt with the scapegoating of immigrants on different levels, from weekly protests at the Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center and other actions organized by groups like Desis Rising Up and Moving, the Prison Moratorium Project, and the Coalition for the Human Rights of Immigrants, to the formation of the CUNY for All Coalition, which has been organizing against immigrant tuition hikes.