He was the Designated Family Judge for North Wales and deputy Liaison Judge for the Welsh language and sat mostly at Caernarfon and Rhyl Civil Justice Centres.
What does DFJ stand for?
DFJ stands for Designated Family Judge (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DFJ
We have 2 other meanings of DFJ in our Acronym Attic
- Diagnostic Formation Integrity Test (oil and gas wells)
- Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test (oil industry)
- Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms (book)
- Differential Functioning of Items and Tests (psychometrics)
- Dynamic Formation Integrity Test
- Deutsch-Franzoesisches Institut für Umweltforschung (Germany)
- Discrete Function Interface Unit
- Drug Free Illinois Workplace Program
- Dassault Falcon Jet Corporation (aircraft manufacturer)
- Demokratska Federativna Jugoslavija (Serbian: Democratic Federal Yugoslavia)
- Deutsch-Französische Juristenvereinigung eV (German: German-French Lawyers Association)
- Draper Fisher Jurvetson (investment company)
- Drummers for Jesus (Rockwall, TX)
- Dysfunkshun Junkshun (Austin, Texas band)
- Département de la Formation, de la Jeunesse et de la Culture (French: Department of Education, Youth and Culture; Switzerland)
- Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism
- Dark Forces: Jedi Knight (book by William C. Dietz)
- Département Fédéral de Justice et Police (Federal Department of Justice and Police, Switzerland, aka: DFGP, EJPD, FDJP)
- Dopravni fakulta Jana Pernera (Czech: Jana Pernera Faculty of Public Transity; University of Pardubice; Czech Republic)
- Deutsch-Französisches Jugendwerk (German: German French Youth Office)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As Teesside's designated family judge, he has seen the excesses of harm, physical and sexual, caused to children.
From 1990 to 1998, he was Designated Family Judge, first at Merthyr Tydfil and then at Cardiff.
He was the Designated Family Judge for North Wales as well as deputy Liaison Judge for the Welsh language.
Her Honour Judge Margaret de Haas, QC, who is designated family judge for Liverpool, will be a senior circuit judge from January 4.
Judge Downey, who lost her battle against cancer, sat at Liverpool Crown Court after her appointment to the circuit bench in 1986 and became the designated Family Judge in 1998.
As a circuit judge she sat in all three jurisdictions, crime, civil and family, and was Liverpool's first designated Family Judge before her elevation to the High Court.