Born in 1960, the new UNISFA head reportedly joined peacekeeping mission in September, last year as deputy force commander.
What does DFC stand for?
DFC stands for Deputy Force Commander (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DFC
We have 186 other meanings of DFC in our Acronym Attic
- Dementia Friendly Community
- Democratic Freedom Caucus
- Dense Friction Course (asphalt)
- Densified Fluid Clean (semiconductors)
- Denver Finance Center
- Département Formation et Certification (French: Training and Certification Department)
- Department for Communities (Australia)
- Department for Families and Communities (Australia)
- Deputy Fire Chief
- Deputy First Class
- Derivatives Fundamentals Course (Canadian Securities Institute)
- Desert Fishes Council (conservation)
- Design Field Change
- Design for Compliance (Elliott Laboratories)
- Designed for Comfort (energy efficiency)
- Desired Future Conditions
- Detachment For Cause (BUPERS)
- Development Finance Corporation (Canada)
- Development Fund Committee (various organizations)
- Devis Factures Clients (French software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
General Singh was the deputy force commander in Congo when the incidents of sexual misconduct allegedly took place.
Madeira, as well as the Secretary-General's Special Representative and head of the UN Office for Central Africa, UNOCA, Abou Moussa, and Major-General Adrian Foster, the Deputy Force Commander of the UN Organisation Stabilisation Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, MONUSCO, spoke to reporters via video link from the Ugandan city of Entebbe, where they met to finalise the details of the task force.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Originally published as Mision en Haiti, con la mochila cargada de esperanza, this first-hand account by Chilean general Eduardo Aldunate, Deputy Force Commander of the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) from September 2005 to September 2006, provides insight on this peace operation.
On this occasion, General Benjamin Freeman Kusi Deputy Force Commander of the United Nations Operation in Ivory Coast (UNOCI), commended the Moroccan contingent's determination, dedication and professionalism, a UNOCI statement said.
During the day, a small ceremony will be held in Camp Minurcat Goz Beida, during which the Deputy Force Commander Brigadier General Ger Ahern will present shamrock to members of the battalion.
Last month al-Shabab hit Amisom's headquarters with a twin suicide car bombing that killed 17 peacekeepers, including the Burundian deputy force commander.
Deputy Force Commander Ade Orchard, who was taking part in the exercise, said he sawa "flash" From the stricken Harrier followed 10 seconds later by a "fireball" in the area of the crash site.