John Evans, deputy commanding officer of Combined Forces Special Operations Component Command in Afghanistan.
What does DCO stand for?
DCO stands for Deputy Commanding Officer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DCO
We have 118 other meanings of DCO in our Acronym Attic
- Decorative Concrete Overlay
- Defence Community Organisation (Australia)
- Defense Connect Online (US DoD Defense Information Systems Agency)
- Defense Coordinating Officer (US DoD)
- Defensive Cyber Operations (US DoD)
- Delayed Compliance Order (EPA)
- Delivery Control Officer (US DoD)
- Delmar Community Orchestra (Delmar, NY)
- Demande Chimique En Oxygène (French)
- Dental Care Organization
- Deputy Commissioner for Operations
- Derivatives Clearing Organization (US Commodity Futures Trading Commission)
- Designated Complaints Officer (UK)
- Designated Contracting Officer (US DOE)
- Detailed Checkout (NASA)
- Detailed Control Objective
- Detainee Custody Officer (UK)
- Detention Custody Officer (various locations)
- Developer's Certificate of Origin (Linux)
- Development Consent Order (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jakoby, a 19-year Army veteran, comes to Kansas City from Fort Lewis, Washington where he served as the Deputy Commanding Officer for the 593rd Sustainment Brigade.
When new team members such as the deputy commanding officer (DCO) or 06-level stability and transition team (S-TT) leaders join the team at the Brigade Leader Training Program seminar just prior to or during the unit's NTC rotation, some type of role definition is required to effectively bring the new members of the team on board and get them quickly integrated in a functional and meaningful way.
It is a descendant unit of the Norfolk Regiment and has lost three soldiers in the past two months in Afghanistan, including a senior officer who was deputy commanding officer of the Norfolk Company.
My father was a commander in the South Vietnamese Navy and was serving as the deputy commanding officer of Nha Be Naval Support Base when we left Vietnam," he said.
With that goal, the day-to-day oversight of the special staff was provided by the brigade's deputy commanding officer (DCO).