The S-3 could launch sonobuoys from 60 externally loaded tubes, and could carry four Mk-46 torpedoes or a nuclear depth bomb in its bomb bay.
What does DB stand for?
DB stands for Depth Bomb
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DB
We have 60 other meanings of DB in our Acronym Attic
- Defence Board
- Defensive Back (football)
- Define Byte (assembly language directive)
- Defined Benefit (type of qualified retirement plan)
- Degraded Being (Scientology term)
- Delayed Broadcast
- Delta Band
- Dena Bank (India)
- Denied Boarding (airline)
- Department of Defense Beneficiary (US DoD)
- Design and Build (contract)
- Design Baseline
- Detection Buffer
- Detective Branch (Bangladesh)
- Detective Bureau
- Deutsch-Bonnet (French racing car)
- Deutsche Bahn AG (German railway company)
- Deutsche Bank
- Deutsche Bundesbahn (German Federal Railways, 1994 amalgamation with Deutsche Reichsbahn, aka DBAG)
- Deutsche Burschenschaft (German: German Fraternity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1959, VS-21's inventory of S2F-1S1 (S-2F) versions, which featured improved sensors, was augmented with several S2F-2 (S-2C) versions, which featured a weapons bay large enough to carry a nuclear depth bomb.
With their hovering ability, blimps were thought ideal for dropping depth bombs on targets.