This will be the death knell for an EU Common Deposit Guarantee scheme," Roberto Henriques, an analyst at JPMorgan Chase & Co in London, wrote in a report to clients.
What does DGS stand for?
DGS stands for Deposit Guarantee Scheme (finance)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DGS
We have 146 other meanings of DGS in our Acronym Attic
- Dangerous Goods Shipping
- Dartford Grammar School (England)
- Data Generation Session
- Data Generation System
- Dedicated Ground Site
- Defected Ground Structure
- Deluge Geological Society
- Department of General Services
- Deployable Ground Station
- Deployable Ground System
- Deputy General Secretary (various organizations)
- Design General Specifications (various companies)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie (German: German Sociological Association)
- Deutschen Gesellschaft für Sonnenenergie eV (German: German Society for Solar Energy)
- Device Ground Sense
- Diego Garcia (space launch ground station)
- Digeorge Syndrome
- Digital Goods Seller (web program)
- Digital Government Society
- Digital Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
This shot across the bows by Europe also makes a mockery of the Government's Deposit Guarantee Scheme.
Buyers who have got loans under the deposit guarantee scheme have, on average, borrowed PS108,000.
Unified supervision goes hand in hand with establishing a common deposit guarantee scheme and a common bank restructuring framework.
A priority for the euro zone was to create a banking union, which would entail a common euro zone bank supervisor, as well as a common deposit guarantee scheme and bank resolution fund.
A deposit guarantee scheme needs to be established at the regional level to help break the links between domestic banks and their sovereigns, and support depositor confidence.
Any savings held with unregulated services are not covered by the deposit guarantee scheme.