Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Reports coming from Southwestern Iran say the number of paralyzed children born in Ahwaz city has increased due to the Iranian mothers' inhalation of toxic air contaminated with depleted uranium used in the US and British bombs against people in neighboring Iraq.
What does D-38 stand for?
D-38 stands for Depleted Uranium
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Dublin and Wicklow Railway (Ireland)
- Dilation & Extraction
- Dextran and Air (research test group)
- Day of Initial Operation
- Day 1 Posthatch (laboratory chickens)
- Dopamine Type 1 (neurotransmitter; also seen as D1)
- Famsworth D-100 Color Vision Test (ophthalmology)
- Dirty Dozen
- Famsworth D-15 Color Vision Test (ophthalmology)
- Dopamine Type 2 (neurotransmitter; also seen as D2)
- Direct Injection 4 Stroke Gasoline Engine (Toyota)
- Donor-to-Acceptor (molecular physiology)
- Administrative Assistant to DCO
- Dual-Automatic Continuous Air Monitoring System
- Aide to the DCO
- Difficulty in Activities of Daily Living
- Dutch Version of the Arthritis Impact Measurement Scales 2
- Digital Advanced Mobile Phone System (also seen as DAMPS)
- Digital Air Traffic Information Service (FAA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Perdikis believes the military vehicles could contain traces of depleted uranium or potentially hazardous microorganisms, which could contaminate Cyprus' ecosystem and so last week his party requested an environmental impact assessment to be carried out.
Gaza / PNN - 'Citizens Action to Dismantle Nuclear Weapons Completely' has prepared a 33 page report showing the presence of tens of tons of depleted uranium in the Gaza Strip.
Arab states accuse Israel of using ammunition containing depleted uranium in its 22-day war on Gaza as Tel Aviv said it would withdraw all its troops from the coastal strip by the time Barack Obama is inaugurated as president of the US.
Byline: Hisham Abu Taha GAZA CITY: Arab states accused Israel yesterday of using ammunition containing depleted uranium in its 22-day war on Gaza as Tel Aviv said it would withdraw all its troops from the coastal strip by the time Barack Obama is inaugurated as president of the United States today.
Three Chinese nationals that were arrested for smuggling 274 kilos of depleted uranium from Kyrgyzstan to China were released from custody, Russian media reported with reference to Chinese press.