The 52-year-old first headed the Department of Home Affairs and is now responsible for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
What does DOHA stand for?
DOHA stands for Department of Home Affairs (various countries)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DOHA
We have 2 other meanings of DOHA in our Acronym Attic
- Detroit Opera House (Detroit, MI)
- Directorate of Health (various locations)
- Division of Highways
- DNS (Domain Name System) over HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)
- Doha, Qatar - Doha (Airport Code)
- Double Over Head (waves)
- Dukes Of Hazzard
- Department of Health - Bureau of Food and Drugs (Philippines)
- Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Department of Health and Ageing (Australian government department)
- International Society for Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (Southampton, UK)
- Datek Online Holdings Corporation
- David Ormerod Hearing Centres (hearing aids; UK)
- Department of Health and Children (Ireland)
- Detroit Osteopathic Hospital Corporation (Michigan)
- Dominican Occupational Health Center (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Double Overhead Camshaft (engine valve train architecture)
- Dual Overhead Camshaft (engines)
- Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (Colorado government)
- Demonstrating Opensource Health Care Solutions (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Minister Watterson said, The Department of Home Affairs is delighted to appoint Kevin Groom as the Island s next Chief Fire Officer.
The government reiterates its unflinching support, sponsored by SADC, for the candidature of Minister Dlamini Zuma for the position of the African Union Commission, while expressing its conviction that she possesses both the capacity and the will to help the continent in its endeavours to create a better life for all Africans while taking its rightful place among nations of the world as an equal and partner for sustainable development," the Department of Home Affairs said.
For example, South African law governs sex identity in legal documents, and although people may legally apply to the Department of Home Affairs for alteration of their sex description in the birth register, in reality transgender people are turned away because officials are not informed of the simple documentation required for altering one's sex.
In preparation for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Tournament, SITA provided South Africa's Department of Home Affairs with the most advanced border management solution available today, Advance Passenger Processing (APP).