Transport authority Centro wants to take over regional rail services from the Department for Transport claiming it is better placed to award contracts, set fares and run services in the interests of commuters and taxpayers.
What does DFT stand for?
DFT stands for Department for Transport (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DFT
We have 122 other meanings of DFT in our Acronym Attic
- Deep Flexor Tendon
- Deep Space Network Frequency and Timing System
- Defect and Fault Tolerance
- Defer First Transmission
- Defibrillation Threshold
- Dégénérescences Fronto-Temporales (French: Frontotemporal Degeneration; neurology)
- Delabre-France-Tôlerie (French sheet metal company)
- Demand Flow Technology
- Démences Fronto-Temporales (French: Frontotemporal dementia)
- Density Functional Theory
- Deployment For Training
- Depot Field Team
- Depth-First Traversal (algorithm)
- Design Flow Technology
- Design For Test
- Detailed Financial Transaction (healthcare data exchange)
- Detroit Federation of Teachers
- Detroit Film Theatre (Detroit Institute of Arts; Detroit, MI)
- Development Flight-Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr McLoughlin scrapped the bidding competition for the line from London to North Wales and Scotland due to Department for Transport errors.
Actually, it's nearer PS1 million per hour, this figure being derived from the Department for Transport standard that traffic congestion 'costs' just under PS11.
The pounds 300,000 Department for Transport grant covers half the cost which is extremely significant.
A Department for Transport spokesman said: "Commercial negotiations are continuing on a confidential basis.
The saga of Virgin Trains and the Department for Transport keeps on getting stranger.