He is a member of the Director General Development Group and was a review team member for the capability review of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
What does DETR stand for?
DETR stands for Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DETR
We have 3 other meanings of DETR in our Acronym Attic
- Directly Executable Test Oriented Language
- Disability Equality Training of Trainers (workshop; Oxfam)
- Dépannage Électrique Travaux Publics (French electrician)
- Detailed Environmental Test Plan
- Determiner Phrase (linguistics)
- Displaced Equipment Transition Plan
- Driver Education Training Programme (UK)
- Probability of Detection Calculation Software (software package)
- Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
- Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
- Dotation d'Equipement des Territoires Ruraux (French: Provision of Equipment for Rural Areas)
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (UK)
- Doses via Environmental Transport of Radionuclides
- Departamento Estadual de Trânsito (State Traffic Department; Brazil)
- distress phase (ICAO)
- Département d'Etudes Turques de Strasbourg (French: Department of Turkish Studies in Strasbourg; est. 1962; Strasbourg, France)
- Derwentside Environmental Testing Services Ltd (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Companions of the Order of the Bath Philip Richard Hernaman ALLEN Director, Corporate Services, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
A study by Newcastle University's Centre for Rural Economy concluded that rural issues had since been marginalised by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) in favour of topics such as global warming.
The figures, leaked to the Sunday Mirror, sparked outrage as critics accused the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs of favouring outside advice over its own Whitehall experts.
Salmon, * and Brian O'Neill ** * National Public Health Service for Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom; ([dagger]) Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom; ([double dagger]) Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom; [section] Gloucester Hospitals National Health Service Trust (formerly Gloucester Public Health Laboratory), Gloucester, United Kingdom; ([paragraphs]) Health Protection Agency (West Midlands) Regional Surveillance Unit, Birmingham, United Kingdom; # Veterinary Laboratories Agency, Weybridge, United Kingdom; and ** Gloucestershire Health Protection Unit, Gloucester, United Kingdom Dr.
The funding is available for rural business projects in the region under the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs rural enterprise scheme.