COL Hamilton: When I first came to the Army; there was a cadre of Dental Therapy Assistants (DTAs) that was a vestige of the Vietnam era.
What does DTA stand for?
DTA stands for Dental Therapy Assistant
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DTA
We have 191 other meanings of DTA in our Acronym Attic
- Defense Travel Administration
- Defense Travel Administrator
- Deferred Tax Asset
- Delegated Technical Authority
- Delta Trikes Aviation (est. 1990; France)
- Delta, UT (municipal airport code)
- Demence de Type Alzheimer (French: Dementia of Type Alzheimer)
- Demencia Tipo Alzheimer (Spanish)
- Democratic Turnhalle Alliance of Namibia
- Dental Technologists Association (Gloucester, UK)
- Dental Trade Alliance
- Dental Trade Association (Arlington, VA)
- Department of Tax Administration (Fairfax, VA)
- Department of Transitional Assistance (Massachusetts)
- Deployment Threat Analyst (US Army)
- Derek Tynan Associates (Dublin, Ireland)
- Descending Thoracic Artery
- Designated Tobacco Area (various organizations)
- Detainee Treatment Act of 2005
- Detonation Transfer Assembly (explosive transfer assembly)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Army trained a number of these civilian, expanded-duty dental assistants, referred to as Dental Therapy Assistants (DTAs), in a formal 1-year program.