His topics include the growth of semiconductor thin films, potential barrier with a finite height, density of states, the optical absorption coefficient of the interband transition in quantum wells, the Boltzmann transport equation, hetero-junction field effect transistors, and light-emitting diodes.
What does DOS stand for?
DOS stands for Density of States
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOS
We have 261 other meanings of DOS in our Acronym Attic
- Declaration of Security
- Degree of Saturation
- Degree of Scattering
- Degree of Superiority (algorithm comparison)
- Dementia Observation System (psychology)
- Democratic Opposition of Serbia
- Demokratska Opozicija Srbije (Democratic Opposition of Serbia; Coalition of Democratic Political Serbian Parties)
- Denial Of Service (attack)
- Denied Originating Service
- Densité d'Occupation des Sols (French: Density Land Use; France and Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Their findings are important because they help understand the influence of the density of states on photovoltaic performance: an increase in the depth and width of the density of states corresponds to an increase in the photocurrent, but also a drop in the open-circuit voltage.
Each chapter presents about 15-20 problems within a text explaining a particular topic, among them inter-atomic forces and lattice vibrations, density of states, thermodynamics of non-interacting quasi-particles, and interactions and phase transitions.
INRXS measures vibrational properties of materials, such as the phonon density of states, and derived quantities like specific heat, vibrational entropy, and the speed of sound.
Appendices address Poisson statistics, parametric amplification, the density of states, low-dimensional semiconductor structures, nuclear magnetic resonance, and Bose-Einstein condensation.
c] is the density of states for the conduction band, [[rho].