Summary: Former Prime Minister Omar Karami said Wednesday that calls for declaring his home city Tripoli an arms-free city should be part of a plan by the government to demilitarize all Lebanese areas.
What does DEMIL stand for?
DEMIL stands for Demilitarize
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DEMIL
- Diaphragmatic Electromyography
- Digital Edge Media Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Disk Explosive Magnetic Generator
- Dorset Earth Mysteries Group
- Danish Emergency Mobile Hospital (Danish Emergency Management Agency)
- Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Defensoría de la Mujer Indígena
- Down East Microwave Inc. (amateur radio equipment; Florida)
- Detection Militaire des Activites Anti-Patrie (Military Detection of Anti-Fatherland Activities; Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Disaster and Emergency Management Information Network (Public Policy Research Institute, Texas A&M University)
- Defense Medical Information System (South Korea)
- District Education Management Information System (UNESCO)
- Dynamic Estuary Management Information System (Oregon Coastal Management Program)
- Dynamic Event Model for Interactive Systems (virtual reality technology)
- Diplôme d'Etat de Masseur-Kinésithérapeute (French: State Diploma in Physiotherapy)
- Danmarks Elektriske Materielkontrol
- Detached Enlisted Men's List
- Digital Electromagnetic Log
- Direct Energy Marketing Limited (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He called the deal a necessary step between the two parties that will allow the Sudanese government to take the necessary action to demilitarize Abyei.
In reaction to calls to demilitarize Beirut, Brigadier General Mustafa Hamdan--a former head of the Lebanese presidential guard who was implicated in the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri--said that as long as there are weapons of resistance to defend Lebanon it will be Israel's goal to disarm the people of Beirut.
New York, Rajab 18, 1432, Jun 20, 2011, SPA -- North and south Sudan signed an agreement Monday to end fighting in Abyei and to demilitarize the disputed border town under the supervision of Ethiopian peacekeepers.
We thus recommended that the Department of Defense (DOD) develop a plan in consultation with Congress that included procedures for assessing the appropriate mix of government and commercial sector capacity needed to demilitarize excess ammunition.