Joint Munitions Command says on its website that the depot is an "archive site" for storing slow-moving ammunition and stocks awaiting demilitarization.
What does DEMIL stand for?
DEMIL stands for Demilitarization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DEMIL
- Departamento de Minas e Georrecursos (Portugal)
- Diaphragmatic Electromyography
- Digital Edge Media Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Disk Explosive Magnetic Generator
- Dorset Earth Mysteries Group
- Danish Emergency Mobile Hospital (Danish Emergency Management Agency)
- Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Defensoría de la Mujer Indígena
- Down East Microwave Inc. (amateur radio equipment; Florida)
- Detection Militaire des Activites Anti-Patrie (Military Detection of Anti-Fatherland Activities; Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Disaster and Emergency Management Information Network (Public Policy Research Institute, Texas A&M University)
- Defense Medical Information System (South Korea)
- District Education Management Information System (UNESCO)
- Dynamic Estuary Management Information System (Oregon Coastal Management Program)
- Dynamic Event Model for Interactive Systems (virtual reality technology)
- Diplôme d'Etat de Masseur-Kinésithérapeute (French: State Diploma in Physiotherapy)
- Danmarks Elektriske Materielkontrol
- Detached Enlisted Men's List
- Digital Electromagnetic Log
Samples in periodicals archive:
The chemical agent disposal facility at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland--the second Army chemical demilitarization facility to complete chemical agent destruction operations--has become the first facility to receive regulatory approval to close.
Chemical Go-to-War Program * shelf life information for TACOM-SBC managed items * CBRN hotline * old PS articles on CBRN equipment * advisory messages * chemical newsletters * demilitarization instructions * CBRN equipment descriptions * links and POCs for CBRN items managed by other commands, such as radiac equipment and chemical clothing If you have questions about the TACOM-SBC website, contact Mary Wischoff at DSN 793-1936/(309) 782-1936 or email wischoffm@ria.
Al Mauroni's discourse on chemical demilitarization is limited to the U.
Nevertheless, Army officials remain optimistic about the future of the demilitarization program--which in recent years has been plagued by delays, cost overruns and opposition by environmental and public-safety advocacy groups.
In return, the Palestinians would have to agree that their state would be entirely demilitarized and that this demilitarization would be supervised and maintained by 30,000 NATO troops, similar to Kosovo's.
Because the human security agenda combines the goals of demilitarization and human development, the often separate programs of the peace and development communities would benefit from closer cooperation.