They can control the degree of polarization of the spin current by varying the Fermi energy (the level in the distribution of electron energies in a solid at which a quantum state is equally likely to be occupied or empty), which they say is very important for meeting various application requirements.
What does DOP stand for?
DOP stands for Degree of Polarization (fiber optics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOP
We have 160 other meanings of DOP in our Acronym Attic
- Date of Production
- Date of Publication
- Date of Purchase
- Daughters of Penelope
- Day One Purchase
- Declaration of Peace
- Declaration of Performance (Construction Products Regulation; EU)
- Declaration of Principles
- Decoy Operating Program
- Degree of Parallelism (database management systems)
- Degree of Protection (target analysis and terminal ballistics)
- Delineation of Privileges (health care)
- Denominazione d'Origine Protetta (Italian: Protected Designation of Origin)
- Department of Personnel
- Department of Posts (Ministry of Communications, India)
- Department of Psychiatry (various organizations)
- Department Operating Procedure
- Depot Overhaul Plan
- Depth Of Penetration
- Depth of Plane
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on these results, whether turnout and activism remain at the levels seen in 2004 will depend on whether future presidential candidates produce a similar degree of polarization in the electorate.