The activity coefficient allows for estimation of degree of dissociation ([alpha]).
What does A stand for?
A stands for Degree of Dissociation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of A
- Autostrada (Italian notation for highways)
- Autotuned Navaid (aviation navigational aid)
- Avance (French: fast)
- Avianca Airlines (philatelic airmail overprint)
- Away (Sports)
- Battery Size
- Blood Type
- Bunsen Solubility Coefficient
- Excellent (scholastic grade)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Massachusetts (designates original spot of circulation of a bill)
- First in Series (chemistry)
- First Substrate
- GMT + 1 hour
- Helmholtz Energy
- Highest Level of Division I College Athletics (United States)
- Individual (IRB)
- Lowest Full-Season Level (minor league baseball)
- Mass Number (physics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nitriding was carried out by the traditional method at a temperature of 550[degrees]C, holding time 20-36 h, in ammonia with the degree of dissociation of ammonia being 47-50% .
We found that SPR association levels correlate well with anti-[beta]2GPI ELISA titers, whereas the degree of dissociation provided additional information concerning the binding strength of the overall [beta]2GPI-directed APL response.
Quantitative measurements to correlate an absorbance change with an approximate degree of dissociation were obtained by constructing calibration curves, in which different amounts of anti-PSA antibody were reacted with immobilized PSA.