It covers systems with a single degree of freedom, systems with multiple degrees of freedom, distributed-parameter systems, random vibrations, and earthquake engineering.
What does DOF stand for?
DOF stands for Degree Of Freedom
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOF
We have 85 other meanings of DOF in our Acronym Attic
- Directorate of Educational Technology
- Department of Energy Transportation Risk Study
- Dansk Oplysnings Forbund (Danish: Danish Federal Information)
- Dansk Orienterings-Forbund
- Dansk Ornitologisk Forening
- Date of Filing (various locations)
- Date of Flight
- Dean of the Faculty (various universities)
- Déclaration d'Origine sur Facture (French: Declaration of Origin on Invoice)
- Deeds of Flesh (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet the two motions in combination can be used to provide an extra degree of freedom and rotate the pizza horizontally, reports New Scientist.
Thus, there is no degree of freedom in this example (1 - 1 = 0).
A crosstabulation analysis was used with a 2 x 2 contingency table, which allowed for one degree of freedom.
Following are chapters organized under two themes: single degree of freedom systems, and multi-degrees of freedom systems.