Note: definition of deferred tax liability from Master Glossary of FASB Accounting Standards Codification.
What does DTL stand for?
DTL stands for Deferred Tax Liability (finance/accounting)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DTL
We have 96 other meanings of DTL in our Acronym Attic
- Daewoo Telcommunications Limited (South Korea)
- Daily Transaction List
- Damper Technology Limited
- Data Technologies, Ltd. (UK)
- Data Time Logged
- Data Transfer Link
- Date Time Location
- De la Terre pour Nos Légumes (French: Earth for our Vegetables)
- Deck Transfer Lock (US Navy rescue device)
- Deep Trench Latrine
- Definite Time Lag
- Degree of Total Leverage
- Delhi Transco Limited (India)
- Déménagement Transport Loic (French moving company)
- Denis Thillien Landry (energy; France)
- Department of Tourism and Leisure (Isle of Man)
- Deputy Team Leader
- Design Team Leader
- Designated Transit List (Sprint-ATM)
- Designator Target Line (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A deferred tax liability or asset is recognized for the estimated future tax effects attributable to temporary differences and carry-forwards.
Until such an event occurs, the asset remains on the books of the company with a related deferred tax liability resulting from book over tax basis or amortization expense.
Deferred tax liability is a balance sheet term used to describe a tax liability that will be due in the future.
In addition, companies currently disclose the most significant components of temporary differences that comprise the deferred tax asset, deferred tax liability, and related valuation allowance accounts.
A deferred tax liability resulting from application of the direct write-off method for tax purposes would be classified as current.
The deferred tax liability associated with the increase in the asset's financial statement carrying value will reverse as the asset is depreciated for financial statement purposes.