Five banks will be affected most by the tax cut, due to their large amount of deferred tax assets deriving from their loss in previous years.
What does DTA stand for?
DTA stands for Deferred Tax Asset
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DTA
We have 191 other meanings of DTA in our Acronym Attic
- Death to Analog (Julien-K album)
- Debt to Total Assets
- Decision to Admit (healthcare)
- Decision Tree Analysis
- Decline to Answer (survey response)
- Decreasing Term Assurance (insurance)
- Dedicated/Development Test Article
- Deep Transverse Arrest (obstetrics)
- Defense Travel Administration
- Defense Travel Administrator
- Delegated Technical Authority
- Delta Trikes Aviation (est. 1990; France)
- Delta, UT (municipal airport code)
- Demence de Type Alzheimer (French: Dementia of Type Alzheimer)
- Demencia Tipo Alzheimer (Spanish)
- Democratic Turnhalle Alliance of Namibia
- Dental Technologists Association (Gloucester, UK)
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Trade Alliance
- Dental Trade Association (Arlington, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Carry-Forwards One of the more common technical errors is mistaking when to book a deferred tax asset as a carry-forward.
In evaluating whether a valuation allowance applies against the deferred tax asset of $350,000, X determined that $300,000 of the deferred tax liabilities is a source of taxable income to support the partial realization of expiring net operating losses (NOLs).
Under the ED, only the net probable amount could be recognized as a deferred tax asset.
For example, if an issuer recognizes $10,000 of compensation cost in connection with the issuance of an option, and the issuer's tax rate is 35 percent, the issuer accrues a deferred tax asset of $3,500, and increases income with an associated tax benefit.
7 billion yen in net assets for fiscal 2000, estimating its deferred tax asset sum at 135.