The Need for Work There are an abundance of projects being completed on the UA system's 16 campuses, many of which will considerably reduce the university's deferred maintenance backlog from $750 million toward its $360 million goal.
What does DEF MAINT stand for?
DEF MAINT stands for Deferred Maintenance
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Diplôme d'Entraineur Fédéral de Football (French: Federal Football Coach Diploma)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Fondamentales (French: Fundamental Studies Diploma)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Françaises (French: Diploma of French Studies; various universities)
- Direct Equipment Failure
- Disarmed Enemy Forces
- Discovery Eye Foundation (nonprofit for eye disease research; California)
- Distance Enumerator Function
- Documento di Economia e Finanza (Italian: Economic and Financial Document)
- Dose Effect Factor
- Drug Education Forum
- Defence Standard (UK equivalent of MIL STD)
- Département Énergétique Fondamentale et Appliquée (French: Fundamental and Applied Energetics Department)
- Detect Early Fluorescent Antigens
- Deutsche Filmakademie (German Film Academy)
- DharmaNet Electronic Files Archive (Buddhist study)
- Diplôme d'Etat Relatif aux Fonctions d'Animation (French: State Diploma on the Functions of Animation)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Fondamentales en Architecture (French: Diploma of Basic Architecture Studies)
- Direção de Emigração e Fronteras de Angola (Portuguese: Directorate for Migration and Frontiers of Angola, Luanda)
- Driver-Enriched Fuel Assembly
- Defence Ethics and Fraud Awareness Campaign (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AP) -- While Kansas lawmakers grapple with how to pay for deferred maintenance projects at the state's universities, leaders of community colleges say maintenance needs at their institutions are being overlooked.
I think some of what we've seen with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 implementation is, in fact, deferred maintenance on those systems.
3283 would affect (1) federal agencies' deferred maintenance programs, (2) the management and distribution of the revenue collected, and (3) interagency coordination on fee collection and use.
This could result in deferred maintenance of the target housing, possibly creating greater lead hazards.