Freshman men's soccer goalkeeper Francesco Chiaravalloti was named CCC Defensive Player of the Week.
What does DPOW stand for?
DPOW stands for Defensive Player of the Week (sports)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DPOW
We have 1 other meaning of DPOW in our Acronym Attic
- Degenerative Psycho-Organic Syndromes
- District Planning Officers Society (UK)
- Division of Private Occupational Schools (State of Colorado)
- Division of Program Operations and Systems (student financial aid)
- Domain Point of Sale (software; Domain Entertainment)
- Dynamic Point of Sale
- Deployed Port Operations Security and Defense
- Digital Palomar Observatory Sky Survey
- Data Processing Operations Team
- Different Point of View (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kristen Fulbright was the defensive player of the week.
Hamiter was voted the league's Defensive Player of the Week for contributing seven tackles, a forced fumble and a sack of Claymores quarterback Mark Grieb and leads the Monarchs defence with 21 tackles.
Holy Cross Sophomore Ally Pasquariello was named Patriot League women's soccer Defensive Player of the Week.
ASU defensive tackle Will Sutton's three sacks helped him earn defensive player of the week, and Arizona's Kyle Dugandzic was honored on special teams after averaging nearly 47 yards on five punts against OSU, with one traveling 70 yards.