Government agencies, DOD components, commercial vendors, and foreign government representatives--this included providing assistance and guidance to these customers on the financial execution of the FMS program: * Providing DOD-wide FMS forecasting, delivery reporting, trust fund management, foreign country case management, billing, collecting, and DOD component appropriation reimbursement * Maintaining a centralized, automated FMS financial data system * Centralizing other Security Assistance programs to include International Military Education and Training (IMET), Foreign Military Financing (FMF), and Special Defense Acquisition Funding The Defense Integrated Financial System (DIFS) was created and fazed into use between 1978 and 1980.
What does DIFS stand for?
DIFS stands for Defense Integrated Financial System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DIFS
We have 12 other meanings of DIFS in our Acronym Attic
- Dhaka Flood Protection Project (Bangladesh)
- Duty In A Flying Status Involving Proficiency Flying
- Dauphin Island Fire and Rescue (Dauphin Island, AL)
- Disabling Injury Frequency Rates
- Discrete Increasing Failure Rate
- Dormitory Income Fund Reimbursable (New York)
- Dynamic Interface for Records
- Discrete Increasing Failure Rate Average
- Denver Indian Family Resource Center
- Dedham Institution for Savings (Dedham, MA)
- Department of Information Systems (various locations)
- Développement Industrialisation Fabrication de Sièges (French: Manufacture of Development Industrialization Seats)
- Distributed Index for Features in Sensor Networks (IEEE publication)
- Distributed Inter-Frame Space
- Division of Identification and Forensic Science (Israeli police)
- Differential Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Desert Ice Figure Skating Club (New Mexico)
- Dubai International Food Safety Conference
- Design Institute for Six Sigma
- Danish Institute of Fire Technology (Denmark)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Centralized Integratey System for International Logistics (CISIL) ** Management Information System for International Logistics (MISIL) ** Security Assistance Management Information System (SAMIS) ** Case Management Control System (CMCS) ** Defense Integrated Financial System (DIES) This information will be used to: "size" the future CEMIS database, estimate the cost of conversion program software development and estimate the conversion duration (i.
Management Information System for International Logistics (MISIL), Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS), Defense Integrated Financial System (DIFS), as well as in local databases, commonly referred to as "shoebox" records.