However, while the Defense Coordinating Officer program has improved civil authorities' overall awareness of DOD's capabilities, roles, and responsibilities, command and control and coordination among the Defense Coordinating Officers and the military services' liaison officers have been confusing and sometimes problematic because DOD's civil support guidance is outdated.
What does DCO stand for?
DCO stands for Defense Coordinating Officer (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DCO
We have 118 other meanings of DCO in our Acronym Attic
- Data Center Operations
- Data Center Outsourcing
- Data Collection Organization
- Data Conversion Operator
- Database Configuration Output
- Debark Control Officer
- Decanted Oil
- Decorative Concrete Overlay
- Defence Community Organisation (Australia)
- Defense Connect Online (US DoD Defense Information Systems Agency)
- Defensive Cyber Operations (US DoD)
- Delayed Compliance Order (EPA)
- Delivery Control Officer (US DoD)
- Delmar Community Orchestra (Delmar, NY)
- Demande Chimique En Oxygène (French)
- Dental Care Organization
- Deputy Commanding Officer
- Deputy Commissioner for Operations
- Derivatives Clearing Organization (US Commodity Futures Trading Commission)
- Designated Complaints Officer (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lilli: Absolutely, what we hope to do is to develop a process that can be exported to any community or government activity through one of the 10 Defense Coordinating Officers (DCOs) stationed in the 10 FEMA regions.
and provided defense coordinating officers to the three states.
Determining the status of a function requires coordination among at least three parties: the Federal coordinating officer, primary agency, and defense coordinating officer.
Michael Chesney, Region V defense coordinating officer.
Army, North--NORTHCOM's Army service component command--responded to the simulated hurricane by deploying to Providence its Operational Command Post 2 (organized as Joint Task Force-Falcon) and the Region I Defense Coordinating Officer and Element.