These few words go a long way in summarizing the approach staff in the Eastern District of Missouri (ED/MO) take in their Defendant/Offender Workforce Development (DOWD) Initiative.
What does DOWD stand for?
DOWD stands for Defendant/Offender Workforce Development
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of DOWD in our Acronym Attic
- Deep Ocean Work Boat
- Dave's Online Wildlife Conservatory (website)
- Decline of Western Civilization (documentary film)
- Del Oro Water Company (est. 1963; California)
- Department of Wildlife Conservation (various governments)
- Derkin One World Computers (UK)
- Diamond Oaks Worship Center (Fort Worth, TX)
- Division of Workers' Compensation (various states)
- Double Oak Women's Club (Texas)
- Drug Offender Work Camp
- Daily Outpatient Workload Detailed Report
- Department of Wildlife Ecology
- Dutch Offshore Wind Energy Convertor Project (Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands)
- Data Operations Working Group
- Deployment Operations Working Group
- Dogs of War Gaming (gaming clan)
- Dragons of Winter Night (novel by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman)
- Downy Woodpecker
- Department of Work and Pensions (UK)
- Depth of Wire Penetration
Samples in periodicals archive:
National Career Development Association, "Rockin to Reentry," 2008 Defendant/Offender Workforce Development Conference, April 13-16, Renaissance Hotel, Cleveland.
Probation Office, Western District of North Carolina, Defendant/Offender Workforce Development Conference, "The Road to Re-entry," March 5-7, 2007, Hilton Charlotte, Charlotte, N.