Called the Deep Underwater Muon and Neutrino Detector (DUMAND), the project will eventually consist of 216 light-sensing tubes strung along nine vertical lines anchored to the ocean floor.
What does DUMAND stand for?
DUMAND stands for Deep Underwater Muon And Neutrino Detector
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Database Upgrade Manual
- Depleted Upper Mantle (geochemistry)
- Desktop Unified Messaging
- Differential Unitary Modulation
- Domains under Management (website domain names)
- Dorsal Unpaired Median (neurophysiology)
- du Maurier (cigarette brand)
- Detect Unintended Memory Access (open-source library)
- Drug Use Monitoring in Australia (Australian Institute of Criminology; research study)
- Duke University Museum of Art
- Developing Urban Management And Safety (UK)
- Drexel Unix-Based Microcomputer Image Analysis System (neuroscience)
- Deep Underground Military Base
- Disasters Usually Motivate Backups
- Duke University Marching Band
- Dynamic Universal Music Bibliotheque (software)
- Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass (neighborhood)
- Damansara Utama Methodist Church (Malaysia)
- Damascus United Methodist Church (Damascus, MD)
- Demaree United Methodist Church (Illinois)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DUMAND, or the Deep Underwater Muon and Neutrino Detector, will use a volume of the ocean off the island of Hawaii as its detection medium.