The mastectomy was done in tandem with a complicated procedure called deep inferior epigastric perforator and left me unable to stand up straight for weeks without excruciating gut and back pain because the stomach skin had to somehow stretch enough to make up for the missing four inches or so.
What does DIEP stand for?
DIEP stands for Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DIEP
- Danish Institute of Electroacoustic Music
- Dansk Institut for Elektronisk Musik (Danish: Danish Institute of Electronic Music; est. 1987; Denmark)
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management (Finland)
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria delle Costruzioni Meccaniche, Nucleari, Aeronautiche e di Metallurgia (Italian: Mechanical Engineering Department)
- Diploma in International Event Management (academic program)
- Droit et Immigration Europe-Maghreb (French: Immigration Law and Europe-Maghreb)
- Testing a Diffusion of Innovations in Education Model (Mark K. Warford book)
- Date Initially Entered Military Service
- Distributed Intelligent Energy Management System (industrial electronics)
- Division for International and Educational Outreach (Washington)
- Defence International Engagement Plan (Australia)
- Depository Institutions Expert Panel (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Diabetes in Early Pregnancy
- Diabetes Interactief Educatie Programma (Dutch: Interactive Diabetes Education Program)
- Dangerous, Insanitary and Earthquake Prone Buildings (New Zealand)
- Digital Imagery Exploitation Production System (US DoD)
- Drug-Induced Extra-Pyramidal Symptoms Scale
- Defense Intelligence Equipment Index
- Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources
- Departmental Industrial Equipment Reserve
Samples in periodicals archive:
The surgery, called Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) flap procedure, uses skin from the tummy to reconstruct a woman's breasts after mastectomy to prevent breast cancer, following breast removal for cancer.
The same infraumbilical tissue used for the TRAM flap reconstruction is used in the deep inferior epigastric perforator (DIEP) flap, with the advantage of avoiding disruption to the muscle and fascia.