They include the Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit - a banking industrysponsored special police unit.
What does DCPCU stand for?
DCPCU stands for Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- District of Critical Planning Concern (Massachusetts)
- Division of Cancer Prevention and Control (CDC)
- Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (est. 2009; UK)
- District of Columbia Primary Care Association
- Double-Clad Photonic Crystal Fiber (microscopy)
- Dual Core Photonic Crystal Fiber
- Dynamically Controlled Protein Crystal Growth
- Digital Cabin Pressure Control System (aviation)
- District of Columbia Public Charter School Board (Washington, DC)
- Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
- Daly City Police Department (California)
- Delaware County Planning Department (Pennsylvania)
- Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate (mineral)
- Direct Compensation Property Damage (automobile insurance coverage)
- Direct Current Potential Drop
- Directional Canister Passage Detector
- Disease Control and Prevention Department
- Drosophila Core Promoter Database
- Defense Civilian Personnel Data System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Barnard, head of the industry-sponsored dedicated cheque and plastic crime unit, said: "As technological advances have made our payments more secure, we've seen a spike in more simplistic crimes.
DCI Paul Barnard who heads up the industrysponsored police squad, the Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit, said: "Our appeal to the public is to be wary of any unsolicited phone calls or emails - never hand over your card and PIN or bank security details in full as neither your bank or the police will ever ask you for these.
The Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit (DCPCU) disrupted the work of 421 organised crime networks.
DCI Roger Cook, head of the Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit, said there are dozens of gangs with many small-scale factories making fake covers.
It added that the Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit, a specialist police team which is sponsored by the banking industry, had also cracked several international card counterfeiting rings.
The move follows a twoyear trial of the Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit which prevented fraud worth around pounds 65 million being committed using stolen credit and debit cards or card details.
His warning came as 10 people were charged yesterday after two raids by the police's Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit in London yesterday.