According to the AG, S&P's "issuer pays" business model, in which the agency is hired by issuers to deliver a rating, compromised its independence and objectivity, so the rating agency's public assurances to the contrary violated that state's deceptive trade practices act.
What does DTPA stand for?
DTPA stands for Deceptive Trade Practices Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DTPA
We have 43 other meanings of DTPA in our Acronym Attic
- DreamTree Project (New Mexico)
- Driven to Perform (auto show; Canada)
- Driver Training Programme (various organizations)
- Drug Testing Program
- Drug Therapy Problem (healthcare)
- Dube Tradeport
- Duties and Taxes Paid (service; DHL Group)
- Dynamic Threat Protection (Internet Security Systems)
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol
- Dynamique Terrestre et Planétaire (French: Terrestrial and Planetary Dynamics; research)
- Diethyl Triamine Penta-Acetic
- Diethylene Triamine Pentacetate (rheumatology)
- Diethylenetriamine Pentaacetic Acid (a chelator)
- Discrete-Time Process Algebra
- Dithiophosphoric Acid
- Downtown Palo Alto (Palo Alto, CA)
- Drug Testing Program Administrative Manager
- Damparis Tavaux Poker Club (France)
- Daroupakhsh Trade Promotion Company (Iran)
- Desert Tortoise Preserve Committee, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The lawsuit also seeks a ruling that the Defendants are in violation of the Lanham Act, the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act and the False Marking statute based on claims that the Defendants are falsely marking their products and services as "patented.
Under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, plaintiffs may be entitled to damages for mental anguish.
The appeals court also reversed the jury's finding that ABC violated the North Carolina Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, ruling that the law did not apply because the network and the Salisbury, N.
 Application of Florida Statute to Physicians The Washington state cases are significant for Florida because the Washington Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act is identical to the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
Generally, they modeled their legislation after either the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTCA) or the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
The Austin, TX based MFlex countersued, alleging the materials did not perform as described and MFlex claimed $20 million in damages under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.