Decay accelerating factor (DAF, CD55) is a membrane bound regulatory protein that downregulates the complement cascade at the critical step of C3 activation (7).
What does DAF stand for?
DAF stands for Decay Accelerating Factor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DAF
We have 140 other meanings of DAF in our Acronym Attic
- Delaware Association for the Education of Young Children (Delaware)
- Downrange Abort Exclusion Zone (space exploration)
- Danish Air Force
- Dansk Atletik Forbund (Denmark)
- Data Access Facility
- Data Acquisition Facility
- Data Analysis Facility (NASA)
- Data Archive Facility
- Data Automation France (France)
- Days After Flowering
- Decay-Accelerating Factor for Complement
- Decode and Forward
- Defence Architecture Framework (Australian military)
- Delayed Auditory Feedback
- Delivered At Frontier (shipping)
- Demographic Adjustment Factor
- Denver Animal Foundation (Denver, Colorado)
- Departamento de Assistência Farmacêutica e Insumos Estratégicos (Brasil)
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Department of the Air Force
Samples in periodicals archive:
Characterization of transgenic pigs that express human decay accelerating factor and cell membrane-tethered human tissue factor pathway inhibitor.
Reduction in erythrocyte complement receptor 1 (CR1, CD35) and decay accelerating factor (DAF, CD55) during normal pregnancy.