When mounted to a weapon, the daylight video sight allows Soldiers to look and fire around corners, take still photographs, and transmit the photographs to network members.
What does DVS stand for?
DVS stands for Daylight Video Sight
This definition appears rarely
See other definitions of DVS
We have 108 other meanings of DVS in our Acronym Attic
- Dynamic Variable Resistance Training (fitness)
- Derwent Valley Rural Transport Partnership (UK)
- Domestic Violence Response Unit (San Francisco, CA)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Religionswissenschaft (German: German Association for Religious Studies)
- Da Vinci Systems (various locations)
- Dakota Valley Symphony (Burnsville, MN)
- Dark Vision Studio
- Data Vector Segmentation
- Data Voice Switching
- Day Visits Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
Land Warrior-equipped Soldiers in covered and concealed positions utilizing the Daylight Video Sight (with image displayed in the helmet-mounted display) for observation have a considerable reduction (40-80 percent) in individual vulnerability or exposure to direct fire survivability.
Because of a very successful advanced warfighting experiment in September 2000, several system improvements were accomplished, including component location on the soldier, improved daylight video sight, and a weapons user interface system control device.