This vehicle, which was using a variety of sensors, both optical- and radar-based, although an engineering vehicle, looked fairly standard, not anything like the Chevrolet Tahoe that won the 2007 DARPA Urban Challenge competition, an autonomous vehicle that had so many external devices on it that it resembled something out of a bad science fiction movie.
What does DUC stand for?
DUC stands for Darpa Urban Challenge
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DUC
We have 48 other meanings of DUC in our Acronym Attic
- Dubai Aluminum Co (United Arab Emirates)
- Dutch Bulletin Board Service
- Durham University Bridge Club (Web forum; UK)
- Dublin University Business and Economics Society (Ireland)
- Durham University Botanic Garden (UK)
- Duurzaam Bouwen (Dutch: sustainable building)
- Dewan Usahawan Bumiputera Sarawak (Malay: Sarawak Bumiputera Chamber of Entrepreneurs; Malaysia)
- Durham University Business School (UK)
- W (slang for George Walker Bush; the 43rd US president)
- Dansk Undergrunds Consortium (Denmark)
- Data Use Certification
- Data Utilization Center
- Days Under Contract
- Decision Unit Coordinator
- Defense Unit Commander
- Delivery Unit Computer
- Depleted Uranium Core
- Deployed Unit Complex
- Dieppe Universitaire Club (French: Dieppe University Club)
- Diffusion Universitaire Ciaco (French: Ciaco Dissemination University; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, Stone and his students created an autonomous car, named Marvin, in cooperation with Austin Robot Technology that competed in the 2007 DARPA Urban Challenge competition.
INTRODUCTION The DARPA Urban Challenge 2007 was the third in a series of competitions the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) had held to foster the development of autonomous robotic ground vehicle technology for various--mostly military--applications (Gourley 2007).
The DARPA Urban Challenge will feature autonomous ground vehicles executing simulated military supply missions safely and effectively in a mock urban area.
For the Darpa Urban Challenge competing teams will have to demonstrate the ability of their unmanned ground vehicles to conduct simulated military supply missions in a mock urban area.