Monitoring, or barring, one-on-one encounters between children and unrelated adults is one of the first steps in preventing child sex abuse, said Jolie Logan, CEO of Darkness to Light, a nonprofit in Charleston, S.
What does D2L stand for?
D2L stands for Darkness to Light (abuse prevention organization; Charleston, SC)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of D2L
- Division 2 Girls (athletic division)
- Droid 2 Global (Motorola)
- Distributed Diagnosis and Home Healthcare (conference)
- Doc-to-Help Markup Language
- Diablo 2 Java Script Parser (gaming)
- Data to Knowledge (data mining application)
- Defender 2000 (Atari Jaguar game)
- Developer 2000 (Oracle)
- Dragonz 2000 (gaming clan)
- Dressed to Kill (fashion label; Seoul, South Korea)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Passing from darkness to light, her journey brought spectators through a winding and distorting hall of mirrors.
Max's composure, intelligence and plain common sense, as well as his unflappable good humor, shepherded the project from darkness to light, through successions of project managers and out of deadlock to agreement.
As a gross generalization, this stereotypical artist's trajectory of classical redemption moves from darkness to light.
The transformation promised, however, is like the transformation of the earth from winter to spring, or from darkness to light.