Tom's parents weren't killed by a psychotic snake-man, he doesn't go to a school where the staircases move, he isn't haunted by dark visions of evil wizards and prophecies and he isn't geeky.
What does DV stand for?
DV stands for Dark Vision (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DV
We have 20 other meanings of DV in our Acronym Attic
- Do You Want to Whiteboard
- Do You Want to Whiteboard (chat)
- Design for User EXperience
- Dress Up Your Wedding (Chicago, IL)
- Daten Und Zahlen
- Deutsche Universitätszeitung (German: German University Newspaper)
- Daily Values (Nutrition Facts in US)
- Daily Variation
- Darbellay-Vajda (algorithm)
- Dark Vengeance (computer game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rather, Rogers imagined John alone in the desert receiving dark visions and sought to depict this scene musically.
Set in a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place: 12 boys and 12 girls are forced to appear in a live event called The Hunger Games.
The company said its decision to launch the paperback-only imprint follows the recent success of teen gothic literature titles such as the hardcover edition of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, which has sold over 100,000 copies since last autumn, along with Dark Visions by L.
Bush said both the US and India were "involved in an ideological struggle against extremists who murder the innocent to advance a dark vision of extremism and control".