The lack of progress in explaining the phenomena led to the creation of a Dark Energy Task Force in 2006 which stated in a report : "Most experts believe that nothing short of a revolution in our understanding of fundamental physics will be required to achieve a full understanding of the cosmic acceleration.
What does DETF stand for?
DETF stands for Dark Energy Task Force (US NSF)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DETF
We have 3 other meanings of DETF in our Acronym Attic
- Asociación Tecnología, Ecología y Desarrollo (Peru)
- Deep East Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. (San Augustine, TX)
- Defense Technology Evaluation Code
- Département Fédéral de l'Environnement, des Transports, de l'Energie et de la Communication (French: Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications; Switzerland)
- Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications
- Detailed Technical Report
- Dublin East Treatment and Early Care Team (psychosis early intervention; Ireland; est. 2006)
- North Carolina Disease Event Tracking and Epidemiologic Collection Tool (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Chapel Hill, NC)
- Cyber Defense Technology Experimental Research (project)
- Detection of Events for Threat Evaluation and Recognition
- Data Engineering Task Force (Iran)
- Department of Employee Trust Funds
- Diesel Engine Test Facility (US Navy)
- Digital Ecosystem Technologies Forum
- Dynamic Earliest Time First
- Dual Edge-Triggered Flip-Flop
- Department for Enterprise, Trade and Investment (Ireland)
- Don't Even Think It
- Don't Even Try It
- Association Belgo-Luxembourgeoise des Producteurs et des Distributeurs de Savons, Cosmétiques, Détergents, Produits d'Entretien, d'Hygiène et de Toilette, Colles et Produits Connexes
Samples in periodicals archive:
The importance of understanding dark energy also has been emphasized in a number of other significant reports from the National Research Council, the National Science and Technology Council, and the Dark Energy Task Force.