Post drill day PMS can take anywhere from 2-4 hours to complete, it is the responsibility of the Damage Control Petty Officer and Damage Control Assistant to ensure the chain of command is aware of the amount of man hours required for each drill.
What does DCPO stand for?
DCPO stands for Damage Control Petty Officer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DCPO
We have 18 other meanings of DCPO in our Acronym Attic
- Division of Community and Preventive Medicine (Maine Medical Center)
- Division of Contracts and Procurement Management (various organizations)
- Dynamic Cost Per Mille (advertising)
- District of Columbia Podiatric Medical Association (Washington, DC)
- Downtown College Park Management Authority (College Park, MD)
- Direct Current Permanent Magnet Motor
- Data Communications Point Management System (Sprint)
- Defense Civilian Personnel Management Service
- Disease Control Priorities Network (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Diabetes Care Program of Nova Scotia (Canada)
- Designated Child Protection Officer (UK)
- Directed Complete Partial Order (domain theory/theoretical computer science/order theory)
- Drug Courts Program Office
- Dutch Car Pulling Organization
- Duty Chief Petty Officer
- DWS Capital Protection Oriented Fund (India)
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Demilune Cell and Parotid Protein (endocrinology)
- Designated Child Protection Person
- Diabetes Control and Prevention Program (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
SK2 (SW) Steven Sublett, USN, Hazardous Material Custodian and Stores Division Damage Control Petty Officer, USS Thach (FFG 43), June to December 2006.
I am qualified on 637, and 688I class submarines, with tours as Damage Control Petty Officer on both classes of boats.
Most of the changes and improvements that are useful come from the ship's damage control petty officer that calls with a specific question.
Pinder, USN, (Gold Star in lieu of Third Award), Watch Captain and Damage Control Petty Officer, S-2 Division, USS Hopper (DDG 70), April 14-18, 2003.
School--In the 10 surveys I have done, it is apparent that the Submarine Damage Control Petty Officer course (CIN A-495-2054) is being underutilized.
One of the best tools available for obtaining the knowledge is the Submarine Damage Control Petty Officer course.
School--The Submarine Damage Control Petty Officer course (CIN A-495-2054) is being underutilized.