Heinrich was impressed that the Logistics Officer at sea assumes the role of Damage Control Officer.
What does DCO stand for?
DCO stands for Damage Control Officer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DCO
We have 118 other meanings of DCO in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Cinema Network Service (Los Angeles, CA)
- Direct Computer & Networking Services (Australia)
- Direction des Constructions Navales Services (French naval defense company)
- Distributed Computing and Network Services
- Dalmatian Club of New South Wales (est. 1943; Sydney, Australia)
- Disability Council of New South Wales
- Dalmatian Club of North Texas
- Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Unit (University College, London)
- Dental Council of New Zealand
- Distinguished Companions of the New Zealand Order of Merit (New Zealand honour replacing knights and dames companions)
Samples in periodicals archive:
| Lieutenant commander, USS Smith | Navy | Pacific | Navy Cross Earned the Navy's highest award (shown below) for service as damage control officer when his ship was struck by a torpedo, killing 55 crew members, during the Battle of Santa Cruz.
aircraft carrier Yorktown was kept afloat by decisive action, meaning that the gap between when the damage control officer decided what to do and when the seamen began doing it was probably fairly short.