DCs stand watch at Damage Control Central, maintain repair lockers and are able to respond in a moment's notice to any dangerous situation that threatens not only the ship itself, but the lives of her crew.
What does DCC stand for?
DCC stands for Damage Control Central
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of DCC
We have 706 other meanings of DCC in our Acronym Attic
- Distorted Coulomb-Born Exchange Approximation
- Chief Damage Controlman (Naval Rating)
- Daimler-Chrysler Corporation
- Dairy Council of California (est. 1919)
- Dallas Christian College (Texas)
- Dallas Citizens Council (Dallas, TX)
- Dallas Communications Council (Texas, USA)
- Dallas Convention Center (Dallas, TX)
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
- Damage Control Center
- Damage Control Console
- Damaged Core Coolability
- Damascus Chamber of Commerce
- Dana Commercial Credit
- Danish Chamber of Commerce (various locations)
- Danish Covenant Church
- Dark Cosmology Center (University of Copenhagen; Denmark)
- Darrin Communications Center (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY)
- Darwin City Council
- Data Center College
Samples in periodicals archive:
With his help, I was able to get a concrete picture of the relationship between CIC and the bridge, how a Navy bridge team works, how vital Damage Control Central is to the ship's survivability; and the tactical and strategic picture of an expeditionary strike group as well as a carrier strike group.
The Automated Common Diagram (ACD) and Tach 4 monitors, located in Oscar Austin's damage control central (DCC) and all its repair lockers, controls all fire mains, valves and power supplies on the ship that can be opened and closed from any of the ACD terminals.