The genetic basis of the cytoplasmic male sterility (CMS) in Italian Red is simple: a sterility inducing cytoplasm (S) and a nuclear restorer locus with two alleles, Ms and ms.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Cytoplasmic Male Sterility
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Current-Mode Switching
- Curriculum Materials Service
- Custody Management System (financial accounting system)
- Custom Manufacturing Service
- Custom Mapping Service
- Custom Menu System (gaming)
- Custom Mixed Signal
- Customer Maintenance Signal
- Customer Management System
- Customer Mobility Space
- Cambridge Monitoring System (IBM computer program)
- Compiler Monitor System (Navy HOL for UYKs)
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome Associated with Episodic Apnea
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome with episodic Apnea
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome, Type IIA
- Caisse de Mutualité Sociale Agricole (French: Agricultural Social Mutual Fund)
- California Chicano/Latino Medical Student Association
- California Mission Studies Association
- California Moving & Storage Association
- Canadian Medical Students Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
This will be used to access the relative rate of change in the cytoplasmic male sterility (CMS) system, which is due to recombinations in the mitochondrial genome.
Some of the concerns about the cytoplasmic male sterility in the NORCAL seed and patent have historical foundations.