Dr Moussa said the primary known causes are inadequate urinary drainage; dehydration and lack of sufficient fluid ingestion; foreign bodies in the urinary tract; diet with excess oxalates, calcium, and vitamin abnormalities such as vitamin A deficiencies, vitamin D excess; urinary infections; metabolic diseases (hyper-parathyroidism, cystinuria, gout, intestinal dysfunction); and use of certain medications such as diuretics, that increase the levels of uric acid.
What does CSNU stand for?
CSNU stands for Cystinuria
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CSNU
We have 1 other meaning of CSNU in our Acronym Attic
- Cisco Storage Networking Support Specialist
- Corrective Services NSW (New South Wales; Australia)
- Carotid Sinus Nerve Transection
- CiscoSecure NT
- Communications Server for Windows NT
- Complete Sciatic Nerve Transection
- Computer Security and Network Technician
- Computer Systems & Networking Technology
- Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
- Connexions Service National Unit (UK)
- Command Stock Number Users Directory
- Chrysanthemum Stem Necrosis Virus (plant pathology)
- Common Stock Non-Voting (investing)
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest
- Client Services for NetWare
- Computer Science and Networking (course)
- Computer Stores Northwest
- Cultural Studies Non-Western (college program)
- Civil Service National Whitley Council (United Kingdom)
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons for Northwest Ohio (Toledo, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To the Editor: Cystinuria is an inherited form of nephrolithiasis caused by mutations in the SLC7A9  [solute carrier family 7 (cationic amino acid transporter, y+ system), member 9] and SLC3A1 [solute carrier family 3 (cystine, dibasic and neutral amino acid transporters, activator of cystine, dibasic and neutral amino acid transport), member 1] genes, which encode the luminal transporter b(0, +) AT subunit and rBAT subunit, respectively.
She was known to have cystinuria and had already undergone extracorporeal shock wave treatment with concrement removal in 2004.
RARE disorders of metabolism like that of cystinuria may be complicated by kidney stones.
Although no longer used routinely in rheumatology, D-penicillamine has been used for Wilson's disease, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, and cystinuria.
org 1,2,3,4,5,7 videos and cassettes available HYDROCEPHALUS, OBSTRUCTIVE See: Dandy-Walker Syndrome HYPERAMMONEMIA See: Urea Cycle Disorders HYPERBILIRUBINEMIA See: Kernicterus HYPERCALCEMIA SYNDROME, INFANTILE, IDIOPATHIC See: Williams Syndrome HYPERCALCEMIA-SUPRAVALVAR AORTIC STENOSIS See: Williams Syndrome HYPERCYSTINURIA See: Cystinuria HYPERGLYCINEMIA WITH KETOACIDOSIS AND LEUKOPENIA See: Acidemia, Organic HYPERLEXIA See: Autism Canadian Hyperlexia Association 300 John St.
Several genetic defects in specific carriers needed for tubular reabsorption of specific amino acids cause aminoaciduria, including cystinuria and Hartuup disease.