43) Thyroglossal duct cysts can have a thin, peripheral, enhancing cyst wall after intravenous contrast administration.
What does CW stand for?
CW stands for Cyst Wall
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CW
We have 56 other meanings of CW in our Acronym Attic
- Crimson Wave
- Cross Wind
- Crumbling Walls (quorum protocol)
- Current Weight
- Cushman & Wakefield LLC
- CustomWare (methodology for custom services and training on rapidly evolving technologies; The New CustomWare Company)
- Cyber War
- Cyber Warfare
- Cyberworlds (International Conference)
- Wave-Making Resistance Coefficient (Naval architecture)
- Continuous-Wave Carrier Phase Estimation
- Continuous-Wave Cremer-Rao Bound
- Child Welfare - Foster Care
- Coaxial Waveguide-Based Left-Handed Transmission Line (microwave systems)
- Chemical Warfare/Biological Warfare
- Chemical Weapons/Chemical and Biological Defense
- Combined Work/Quality Assurance Project Plan
- Chief Warrant Officer 2nd Class
- Chief Warrant Officer, W-2
Samples in periodicals archive:
Preoperative treatment with albendazole renders the cyst nonantigenic and decreases the tension in the cyst wall.
The fibrous nature of the cyst wall is confirmed with the trichrome stain.
The cyst contained clear yellow fluid with a smooth inner cyst wall.
The endometriotic cyst wall is then cauterized and removed and the ovary is then reconstructed back.
The researchers studied the microscopic fossils using high energy X-rays at the Swiss Light Source in Switzerland, revealing the organization of the cells within their protective cyst walls.
The researchers studied the microscopic fossils using high energy X-rays at the Swiss Light Source in Switzerland, revealing the organisation of the cells within their protective cyst walls.
The cyst wall contained abundant adipose tissue intermixed with atrophic thymic tissue composed of lymphoid cells, epithelial cords, and Hassall corpuscles.
On gross examination, the cyst wall measured approximately 3 mm in thickness and had multifocal areas where a soft friable, pink tissue protruded from the inner surface.