As I pulled the book off my shelf to look again at that essay, I noticed a bookmark left in the pages, and I turned to Veronica Hollinger's article on cyberpunk and postmodernism.
What does CP stand for?
CP stands for Cyberpunk
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of CP
We have 227 other meanings of CP in our Acronym Attic
- Cupsogue Pictures (film production company; est. 2006)
- Curious Pastimes
- Currency Pair (finance)
- Current Processing
- Curved Path
- Custard Powder
- Custodial Parent (child support enforcement; parent or guardian having legal custody of a minor child)
- Customer Pilot (Sprint)
- Customer Premise (telephony)
- Cutting Permit (forestry)
- Cyclic Prefix
- Cysteine Proteinase
- Plasma Concentration
- Prismatic Coefficient (naval architecture)
- Process Capability (statistics)
- Chemically Protected Deployable Medical System (US Army)
- Collectively Protected Deployable Medical System
- Constrained Pairwise Sequence Alignment (algorithm)
- Children's Pediatricians and Associates
Samples in periodicals archive:
Smith The Mammoth Book of Alternate Histories, by Ian Watson & Ian Waites Mirmrshades: The Cyberpunk Anthology, by Bruce Sterling Reading, Science Fiction, by James Gunn & Marlene Barr Rewired: The Post-Cyberpunk Anthology, by James Patrick Kelly & John Kessel The Road to Science Fiction, 6 vols.
Hot games for the iPhone >Beneath A Steel Sky The cyberpunk adventure comes to the App Store for just 59p.
9780773454675 The cultural influences of William Gibson, the "father" of cyberpunk science fiction; critical and interpretive essays.
HOW TO DRAW FANTASY FEMALES: CREATE SEXY CYBERPUNKS, SEDUCTIVE SUPERGIRLS AND RAUNCHY ACTION HEROINES shows how, using key characters from cartoons, computer games, and graphic novels to illustrate step-by-step processes of creating characters.
Chapters examine the cross-narrative icons of the robot, the alien, the spaceship, and the wasteland; dystopian science fiction; reflections on the changing roles of women; and influences of the post-dictatorship Brazilian generation and its delvings into "hard" SF, cyberpunk, alien encounters, alternate histories and parallel universes, and more.
Its inhabitants, who converse in a quasi-absurdist mixture of reality-TV banalities and over-the-top cyberpunk argot, are equally heterogeneous, encompassing every imaginable social type, from ladies who lunch to a bizarre gang of pseudo-Hasidic squatters.