TOKYO, Dec 23 (KUNA) -- The South Korean military plans to establish a new team in charge of cyber operations under the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) as part of efforts to boost its cyber warfare capabilities, Yonhap News Agenccy reported Tuesday.
What does CW stand for?
CW stands for Cyber Warfare
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CW
We have 56 other meanings of CW in our Acronym Attic
- Crimean War
- Crimson Wave
- Cross Wind
- Crumbling Walls (quorum protocol)
- Current Weight
- Cushman & Wakefield LLC
- CustomWare (methodology for custom services and training on rapidly evolving technologies; The New CustomWare Company)
- Cyber War
- Cyberworlds (International Conference)
- Cyst Wall
- Wave-Making Resistance Coefficient (Naval architecture)
- Continuous-Wave Carrier Phase Estimation
- Continuous-Wave Cremer-Rao Bound
- Child Welfare - Foster Care
- Coaxial Waveguide-Based Left-Handed Transmission Line (microwave systems)
- Chemical Warfare/Biological Warfare
- Chemical Weapons/Chemical and Biological Defense
- Combined Work/Quality Assurance Project Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Canada, the threat of cyber warfare is just as real.
The private sector will not be able to defend against cyber warfare until it can better understand and prepare for potential attackers.
The pressing need for an energy source to replace earth's finite and dwindling fossil fuels brings international power politics, cyber warfare, and a full cast of fascinating characters together in German sci-fi writer Frank Schatzing's latest epic volume.
Following this lead Paulo Shakarian, Jana Shakarian, and Andrew Ruef, with backgrounds in the US military, academia, and industry, present a number of case studies of actual incidents of cyber warfare that have actually occurred.
The manual has been prepared in collaboration with German Foundation Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)/ Senator Mushahid Hussain, while addressing the participants of Workshop on Cyber Security for Journalists, also emphasized that SAARC countries need a treaty to prevent cyber warfare against each other.
According to the report, using information provided by the Defence Ministry's cyber warfare unit, Chung said that the South Korean military alone had been targeted 6 392 times by North Korean cyber attacks since 2010.
He said legislation and legal framework for Cyber Security and guarding against Cyber Warfare will be another most important task as the Cyber Warfare is already being waged by certain elements and must be countered with courage.