Under the Customer Identification Program requirement of the Bank Secrecy Act, depository institutions must obtain, at a minimum, an individual's name, address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number or other acceptable identification number before opening an account.
What does CID stand for?
CID stands for Customer Identification
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CID
We have 320 other meanings of CID in our Acronym Attic
- Criminal Investigative Division (US)
- Critical Incident Detection
- Critical Item Development
- Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading (treatment)
- Crying in Disgrace
- Cryptologic Interface Device
- Cuadrante Inferior Derecho (Spanish: Lower Right Quadrant)
- Cubic Inch Displacement
- Culture and Image Design
- Current Interrupting Device
- Customer Induced Damage (warranties)
- Customer Induced Defect (warranties)
- Customer Information Database
- See Identification (message on the back of credit cards)
- Collision-Induced Dissociation-Mass-Analysed Ion Kinetic Energy
- Center for the Independence of the Disabled, New York (New York, New York)
- Combined Immune Deficiency Associated with Congenital Neutropenia
- Collision-Induced Decomposition/Mass-Analysed Ion Kinetic Energy
- Canadian International Development Agency
- Center for Integrated Data Analytics (USGS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
the National Credit Union Administration, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Office of Thrift Supervision--issued Bank Secrecy Act procedures that guide implementation of, and provide a consistent approach to examining, the customer identification programs (CIP) that domestic and foreign banking organizations were required to establish under section 326 of the USA Patriot Act.
With financial services providers under mounting pressure worldwide to institute customer identification programs combating terrorist and drug-related money laundering, KYCOS Holdings Ltd.